Type 1 Diabetes Support Groups Edmonton
Are you… struggling with managing T1D? experiencing burn out? feeling isolated in your Diabetes journey?
Apply to join one of our T1D support groups today!
We get it – juggling T1D and life can be difficult. The highs and lows (literally) of blood sugar management, the never-ending problem-solving, and feeling like others just don’t understand can lead to burnout, anxiety, and distress. For these reasons, it’s essential to have a support system to help you cope with the emotional aspects of living with this condition – and here’s where our Type 1 Diabetes Support Groups come in!
By participating in our support groups, you will have the opportunity to:
Here’s all the details:
- Groups are open to individuals 18+ years old
- Each group session is 8-weeks long (that’s two whole months of support!)
- Groups will be run by a therapist who also lives with T1D (Kayla Chorley, CCC & Counselling Therapist)
- Groups will be available online to allow for flexibility
- The investment to participate in the group is $420 (includes GST) for all 8-weeks
- Group fees may be covered by insurance (please check with your provider directly)
- Groups will be held Thursday evenings from 5-630pm (MST)